Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Masterpiece

In Dream Big 2013, I sought to create a masterpiece. See more about how I chased this dream down here. I looked for ways to make travel more memorable - seeing friends and competing in triathlon again.

2013 had a surprise for me. Something I did not expect. To appreciate this surprise requires some background. You see I am not an introvert. In fact, I am quite an extrovert. I truly feel revived after spending time with the crowds, alive when on the stage, and reflective only after such an experience. I have been teaching in various capacities for a while now. One of my friends, colleague and mentor - William, gave me a couple of books. One of the books, Communicating for a Change, really awakened my capacity and desire to convey the point of the messages I am sharing with the students I work with. I have sought to inspire my students in the class of 2016 - routinely reaching out to them, as well as their parents, to keep them on track reminding them that we have 2.5 years left. This weekend we spent a lot of time answering the critical question - "Who do you say that I am?" (Jesus Christ).

So, here I am wrapping up a year of Dreaming Big. I dreamt fearlessly, and that required massive changes in many facets of my life: after finishing my build-out, I had to move my office, move my bank account, move my records, moved from XP to Win 7. My big dreams must have been contagious because my assistant decided that she wanted to go to hygiene school, and so we bid her farewell, so, I have a new assistant. Even after moving upstairs, we still had to hang in there to get a new front desk area, a new table in the lobby of the office, and there are still a few details that haven't been ironed out yet.

Furthermore, Katie and I decided to 'try again' and today we officially learned that we are having a girl in June. It is impossible to overstate the amount of changes that are all taking place simultaneously, as something seems to change every single day. I try to take it all in stride because dreaming big invites these changes. So, I will close this blog with a video for your viewing pleasure:

1 comment: